Monday, February 22, 2016

Blog #5


Blackboard LMS (learning management system) is a very useful technology in the classroom. It is necessary to have access to the internet in order to use this tool. So students and teachers would need access to a computer, and or a device that can access the school’s network. A "peripheral" is an external device that can be plugged into a variety of ports of a storage device. So there is no periphery equipment necessary when using the LMS Blackboard technology. 

Blackboard LMS learning management system is a very useful technology in the classroom. This tool is very helpful because it allows easy retrieval of grade information and assignment submission. The professors and teachers can easily communicate with students in the announcement section of Blackboard and this helps with student achievement. Students have access each of their classes information in one place which is very helpful when it comes to organization. 

Another way Blackboard is a great educational program is because it can easily connect you to your school email account. This allows the students to be more connected with their classes and events on campus. Teachers can also assign students quizes through blackboard. This not only saves paper, but also allows the student to tackle the quiz at a time that works for them, while allowing them to see their score instantly after they finish. 


I enjoyed making the concept map. It reminded me of studying for my high school U.S History class. I made lots of study guides in high school, but I have never made a concept map as a study tool. I may start using them now because I liked how it is easy to see all of the material at once. Getting to see the big picture and the whole event would be helpful for students who are visual learners. I also enjoyed adding the clip art graphics to the map. Next time I think I could improve the map by connecting more of the points together. There are some less related things could be connected that I didn’t see the first time. For example, under the Allies box where it says "The U.S.A" could have been connected directly to the date the U.S.A become involved in the war.


2 comments:

  1. I love how colorful your concept map is! I was the same way in high school, I always made study guides for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your concept map is very creative!! I love how colorful it is, this would be really appealing to a student who is learning the information.

    ReplyDelete