Monday, March 21, 2016

Blog #8


Out of all the advancement I think that Cloud Computing
holds a lot of promise for education. Cloud computing is the storage of programs and user data over the internet rather than your computer hard drive.
It easily facilitates information sharing between students, teachers, the school, and parents.
 
The digital divide is the gap between people who don’t have and do have access to technologies and or the internet at home or school. I am on the side of the divide that has access to technology and resources to learn about getting the most from the technology. The digital divide will affect classrooms in that each student may not have the same level of knowledge about the use of these technologies. This will mean the teachers may have to tailor certain lessons to those students who don’t have a printer at home, or that don’t have internet access. I will make myself an approachable teacher. A person students feel comfortable confiding in. Then they will not feel afraid to tell me if they don’t have access to the technologies at their home, and then the school can compensate them.

I learned how to take the background off of images so the white does not show against the slide backdrop. I enjoy PowerPoint and I think it is very useful in a classroom setting. I like the amount of creativity PowerPoint allows you to explore. Next time I would figure out a way to make the font size of the words in the table bigger without making the table its self-larger. I will use PowerPoint while teaching a class, it will help explain the lessons they need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment